1. catch someone’s eye 引起某人的注意，吸引某人视线
= to be attractive to someone
The shy man at the back of the class caught my eye.
2. to have a crush on someone 对异性有好感
= to only be able to think about one person
When I was at school, I had a crush on a film star.
3. to have a soft spot for someone 喜欢，有好感
= to have a weakness for someone
She has a soft spot for Richard – he can do anything!
4. to have the hots for someone 迷恋某人
= to find someone very attractive
She’s got the hots for the new office manager.
5. to fall for someone 爱上
= to fall in love
He always falls for the wrong types!
6. to fall head over heels for someone 深深堕入爱河
= to completely fall in love
He fell head over heels for her.
7. to be lovey-dovey 卿卿我我
= for a couple to show everyone how much they are in love
They’re so lovey-dovey, always whispering to each other and looking into each other’s eyes.
8. to have eyes only for 只钟情于某人
= to be attracted to one person only
He’s dropped all his old friends, now that he has eyes only for Susie.
9. to be smitten by someone 爱上某人
= to be in love with someone
I first met him at a party and from that evening on, I was smitten.
10. to be the love of someone’s life 为某人所爱
= to be loved by a person
He has always been the love of her life.